Hatteras Island Rentals, VW Buggy Rentals, Golf Cart Rentals, and Street Legal GEM cars; most for use on the Outer Banks. (252)987-2097
Which one fits your needs?
- Village Cruisers – Vintage Buggies: Rent a Vintage Buggy for a fun way to cruise the villages of Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo completely topless and with retro island style. Read more details and rates…
- Campground & Neighborhood Cruisers – Golf Carts: Rent a 4 or 6 passenger Golf Cart to cruise through your campground or the private streets of your neighborhood. If staying in the villages of Rodanthe, Waves, or Salvo, we will deliver and pick it up for FREE! Read more details and rates…
- Village Cruisers – GEM Cars – 2, 4 & 6 passenger options available. All GEMs are for use on the streets of Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo ONLY. The GEMs are NOT for use on the beach and cannot be driven when the roads are flooded. Colors may differ from picture $50.00 off for Monday morning to Friday evening rentals! Read more details and rates….
How do I get my rental if I do not have transportation to your office?
We offer FREE delivery and pick up to all of our guests staying in the Tri-Villages of Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo.
What about child safety seats?
All street-legal vehicles will accept child safety seats, provided by the rental guest.
PLEASE NOTE: The Vintage Buggies have lap belts only.
Can our dog ride in the vehicle?
By all means, yes; dogs are welcome! If your dog is likely to jump from the vehicle, we do not recommend bringing him/her in any of the convertibles. If any damage is caused by your pet, you will be held responsible (i.e. torn seats, “potty spots”, chewed up parts, etc.) Also, if your dog sheds excessively, please clean it yourself or pay an extra fee.
Are there any extra fees?
- Sales tax and a processing fee are applied at checkout.
- A Renter’s Collision Policy (RCP) is available for purchase. This is required for any driver of our street-legal rentals that does not have full coverage; it is optional for those who do.
- Fuel; we send all gas-powered vehicles out with a full tank. The vehicle is to be re-fueled by the renter prior to return, or an additional fuel charge will apply.
- Cleaning Fee for exceptionally dirty vehicles (ie. lots of trash, fur, and buckets full of sand).
- Cancellation Fee (please see “cancellation policy” below).
- Repair Fee &/or Loss of Use Fee for Damages incurred during the rental period.
Is there anything I cannot bring in the vehicles?
- Open alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs
- Smoking of all kinds is prohibited; this includes all vaping, tobacco, and e-cigarette products.
Where are you located?
Are you open year round?
Yes, we are open year-round. Please note our hours of operation for various times of the year.
Summer (May 15th – October 14th):
Monday thru Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED (except for pre-authorized and booked reservations)
Fall, Winter, & Spring (October 15th – May 14th):
We are OPEN by pre-booked reservation ~ PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE!! 252-987-2097
What are your rental requirements?
- All drivers must be at least 25 years old.
- All drivers must be registered on the rental contract.
- All drivers must submit a valid driver’s license.
- For STREET-LEGAL rentals, ALL drivers must submit a current proof of auto insurance (ie. an ID card – the policy dates must coincide with your rental dates)
- One registered driver per vehicle will also need to authorize the use of a credit card (in his / her name) for a security hold of $350.00. This hold will be secured on the start date of the rental period. It will be released at the end of the rental period, once the rental unit is checked in by our staff, and as long as no other fees are due.
- Cancellations made within two or more weeks prior to the rental start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made with less than two weeks notice will not receive a refund; however, the deposit may be applied to a future rental and is valid for one year from the original reservation date.
- Cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice or no-shows are subject to an additional 20% fee.
- If you have paid in full at booking and later need to cancel, 80% is refundable when less than two weeks notice is given. The 20% deposit is still applicable to any rental within the following year.