Hatteras Island Car Rentals, VW Buggy Rentals, 4X4 Jeep Rentals, and Golf Cart Rentals; most for use on the Outer Banks. (252)987-2097
COVID-19 Info - click to open
In an effort to offer the safest transaction for both our guests and our staff we are implementing a few new policies to support social distancing.
Which one fits your needs?
- Beach Cruisers – 4×4 Jeeps: Rent a 4×4 Jeep Wrangler to visit all the beautiful beaches of the Outer Banks. Read more details and rates…
- Village Cruisers – Vintage Buggies: Rent a Vintage Buggy for a fun way to cruise the villages of Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo completely topless and with retro island style. Read more details and rates…
- Island Cruisers – 2-wd Autos: Rent a 2-wheel drive auto if you just need a set of wheels to cruise the entire Outer Banks, excluding the beaches. A great choice when visiting one of the many local campgrounds. Choose from Sedans or SUVs. Read more details and rates…
- Campground & Neighborhood Cruisers – Golf Carts: Rent a 4 or 6 passenger Golf Cart to cruise through your campground or the private streets of your neighborhood. If staying in the villages of Rodanthe, Waves, or Salvo, we will deliver and pick it up for FREE! Read more details and rates…
Do you offer guest pickup?
Yes, we offer FREE Guest Pick Up and FREE Golf Cart transport in the Tri-Villages of Rodanthe, Waves, & Salvo.
What about child safety?
All vehicles will accept child safety seats, provided by the rental guest.
Why can’t I drive on the Dunes?
Can our dog ride in the vehicle?
By all means, yes; dogs are welcome! If your dog is likely to jump from the vehicle, we do not recommend bringing him/her in any of the convertibles. If any damage is caused by your pet, you will be held responsible (i.e. torn seats, “potty spots”, chewed up parts, etc.) Also, if your dog sheds excessively, please clean it yourself or pay an extra fee.
Are there any extra fees?
Possible additional fees:
- Fuel: we send all vehicles out with a full tank. The vehicle is to be re-fueled by the renter prior to return, or additional fuel charges will apply.
- Sales tax applies to all golf cart rentals, accessory rentals, and merchandise purchases.
- A Renter’s Collision Policy (RCP) is available for purchase. This is required for any driver that does not have full coverage; it is optional for those who do.
- Rented accessories such as car seats (for children), bike racks, fishing rod/cooler rack, or extra storage cargo racks
- Excess mileage; $0.20/mile over 200 per day
- Delivery and pick up outside of Rodanthe Waves, or Salvo
- Cleaning fee for excessively dirty returns
- Late fee
- Cancellation Fee
- Damages incurred during rental
Beach driving is a rare privilege and all laws must be respected & obeyed.
- There is absolutely NO DRIVING ON THE DUNES!
- Vehicles are NOT permitted to be driven through the water.
- Reckless & / or competitive driving is prohibited both on and off-road.
- We provide each guest with a binder full of detailed maps, instructions, and ideas of what to do and where to go. We also supply you with coupons and menus of other local businesses. We strive to do all we can to make sure your “Island Cruise” is safe, fun, & memorable.
Can I bring a cooler? What can't I bring?
Where are you located?
Are you open year round?
Yes, we are open year-round. Please note our hours of operation for various times of the year.
Summer (May 1st – September 30th):
Monday thru Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED (except for pre-authorized and booked reservations)
Fall, Winter, & Spring (October 1st – April 30th):
We are OPEN by pre-booked reservation ~ PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE!! 252-987-2097
What are your rental requirements?
- All drivers must be at least 25 years old.
- All drivers must be registered on the rental contract.
- All drivers must submit a valid driver’s license and current proof of auto insurance.
- One registered driver will also need to authorize the use of a credit card (in his / her name) for a security hold of $350.00. This hold will be released once the rental is returned, checked in by our staff, and deemed to be in the same condition as on day one of rental.
- Cancellations made within two or more weeks prior to the rental start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made with less than two weeks notice will not receive a refund; however, the deposit may be applied to a future rental and is valid for one year from the original reservation date.
- Cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice or no-shows are subject to an additional 20% fee.
- If you have paid in full at booking and later need to cancel, 80% is refundable when less than two weeks notice is given. The 20% deposit is still applicable to any rental within the following year.